Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

B-E-Y-O-N-C-E is back....I guess


I haven't been doing this blog "thang" for awhile now..was truly getting over it lol. Plus I have work and school so I put this thing on the back-burner. BUT.....BEYONCE IS BACK. And ya'll know that I love my girl Bey. She said that she was gonna take six months off after the whole "I Am....Sasha Fierce" era went down (lol) and I don't believe it's been six months. If so, it went by very fast.

Today was the world premire for her new video for a single called "Why Don't You Love Me". Which is a bonus track off the "I Am..Sasha Fierce" album (It wasn't on mine lol). I heard this morning that her sistah Solange helped write and produce this single and I can tell. It's got this funk feel to it and I love Solange and her take on "Funk" music. The video is set in what looks like the late 50's and early 60's. Bey takes on that at home wife (She plays a character named "BB Homemaker" which I think is funny) and she's cryin' on the phone to her man talkin' bout why doesn't he love her no mo' (lol).

My favorite part of the video is when she dusts off her 16 Grammys. Yaaaaasss Bey! You betta SLAY Hunny!! She isn't scared to show you who the heck she is and what impact (she knows) that she has in this "Game".

A lot of folks are mad and bumpin' their gums about Bey's return and this video too. Kelly Rowland, her friend/sistah/former DC band mate, just came out with a new single "Commander" and video for that single. Now you know the usual story?! Why does Beyonce have to steal the shine every time Kelly or Michelle comes out with a project?! To tell you the truth on what I think about...I don't know (lol). I believe that all 3 of these women are free to release project when they want to.

I think it's a shame for people to blame Beyonce when they look at Kelly or Michelle's charts or record sales when they haven't bought their albums at all either. Beyonce is Beyonce because of her fans. Any artist is big, medium, or small because of their fans. So if you're such a "fan" buy an album and stop complainig. Maybe then Kelly and Michelle will be...I'm not gonna say on Bey's level but..they'll be where they need to be. So sick of this topic....

But anyways, I hope you enjoy the video. Can't wait to see more from my girl Bey!

No comments:

Post a Comment