Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

The time is here...[[OSCAR FASHIONS]]

Fashions @ the Oscars..
The 82nd Academy Awards (aka the Oscars) were held yesterday. I didn't get to watch most of the show because I was at work (so I missed Monique's win...was a bit upset about that but Monique doesn't pay my bills honey lol) when it came on. I really wanted to high light the fashions though. So other than Monique, Gabby, Lee and Avatar winning, I only cared about the FASHION lol.

Mariah Carey in Valentino
The gown is okay....
And I hope she doesn't think that just because she has on
Loubitans that she's doing something. They don't
even compliment the gown at all.
Accessories are on point though. Just wish the shoes went with the gown.


Miley Cyrus in Jenny Packham
The gown is a WOW!
At 17 she should not be wearing this gown though..
I know that she wants us to believe that she is maturing but...
it makes her look to old and she is so TRYING to prove her point
that she is getting older...I get it.
Hair and make up are lovely though!


Queen Latifa
The gown is by an unknown designer.
I just have a problem with the material the gown is made in.
It's wrinkled at the bottom...
I do love the way it fits her body though & her accessories are just on point!!


Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Couture
The top of the gown is LOVELY!
I am just very so, so about the bottom. It's couture so it only makes sense on the runway
Red carpet, not so much. Fashion is all about risk though so congrats to her on making one lol.


Jennifer Lopez in Armani Prive
The design of the gown is lovely!
Me and my sister both agree it looks like bubble wrap though...
Once agian, another person gets it right on the accessories! All hits!


Kristen Stewert in Monique Lhullier
 I love this gown, I love this look!
She doesn't have that many accessories on but that's okay.
If she did she would have flooded the look and it wouldn't be as great as it is.


Kate Winslet in Yves St. Laurent.
This woman usually gives me the GOODNESS with her fashions
last night this was just an okay look. The Jewels are GORG though!!


Penelope Cruz in Donna Karan
She is a FASHION ICON to me! Penelope always brings it FIERCE with her gowns
she never misses it on a red carpet. I love it and that's the end of that story. Say no more!


Meryl Streep in Chris March
THIS IS MY FAV ACTRESS OF ALL TIME!!!
I love her in this gown! The white is a wonderful color on her.
Meryl can do no wrong in my eyes lol.


Maggie Gyllenhall in Dries Van Notien
A fashion risk. Especially for the Oscars.
I don't know if you should wear print at the Oscars...sigh.
I am not a fan of this look.


Monique in Tadashi Shoji
I am so PROUD of Monique! She has come so far. I would never expect
her to win an Oscar if you had asked me that 8-10 years ago.
I love the way the gown fits her body & the color goes well with her brown skin.
I think she could have done without the hair accessorie though.


Anna Kendrick in Elie Saab couture
The gown is a BLAH color and I wish it was red. With her skin, if the dress was red, it would have been
GORG!!


Vera Farmiga in Marchesa
This is another example of runway couture being used on the red carpet.
I love the color of the gown but...all those ruffles are just..too much.


Gabourney Sidibe in Marchesa
Yaaassss!! I am really loving the gown that she is rocking! The gown fits her body so well!
Only thing I wish was that if her hair was more full. Overall the look is stunning.

I will talking about more of the
Oscar fashions tomorrow.
I have other post to do today
and so much to do today also.
More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment